Wednesday, October 22, 2008

rain tree . മഴമരം


This is one of my three watercolour paintings done during the stay at Puducheri.
When I see this picture, I recollect the old couple whom I met under this rain tree.
They were waiting near the culvert with their moped to get someone’s help.
The lady was too weak to climb and sit on the seat of that moped.
….. When the old man and old woman gave me a thankful smile, for a moment, I thought, I have done a great thing!

മഴമരത്തിന്റെ തണലത്ത് മോപ്പെഡുമായി നില്‍ക്കുകയാണ് അവര്‍.
വൃദ്ധദമ്പതികള്‍.
മുത്തശ്ശിക്ക് മോപ്പെഡിലേക്ക് കയറാന്‍ വയ്യ.
ഒരു കൈ സഹായം വേണം.
എത്ര നിസ്സാരമായ ഒരു സഹായം!
പക്ഷേ, നന്ദിപൂര്‍വ്വമുള്ള ആ പുഞ്ചിരി...
...എത്ര അമൂല്യം!

4 comments:

ചോലയില്‍ said...

നന്നായി.
വരയും വാക്കുകളും.

Jayasree Lakshmy Kumar said...

ചിത്രം മനോഹരം. ചിത്രകാരന്റെ മനസ്സൂം

ഗോപക്‌ യു ആര്‍ said...

thanks my dear friend...

Unknown said...

Annum innum ennum nee inganey thanney